Random Thoughts About Real Housewives


  I've been thinking a lot lately about all the housewife reality shows and what makes them so popular. You don't even have to watch the show completely to get an idea of what it's about. The previews alone reveal the drama-filled content and the publicity the housewives get is amazing.

I conducted my own Google search to see just how many Real Housewives there were and this is what I came up with:

Real Housewives of Atlanta
Real Housewives of New Jersey
Real Housewives of New York
Real Housewives of Orange County
Real Housewives of Beverly Hills
Real Housewives of Miami
Real Housewives of DC plus more!

I'm not sure if these shows still air or not, but they came up in my search. I could have just typed the city they're from, but typing real housewives helped me to process the fabrication of these REAL housewives.

Soooo, what's the big deal and why are these so-called reality housewives so popular and what's real about them? They certainly don't depict the average housewife and they most definitely don't depict the middle income housewife! Stilettos all day? Really?  Well, maybe it's their reality, but for the housewives I know, they display a reality that doesn't exist in the real world. Hmmm...maybe I should revisit the definition of reality.

 
Are the reality housewives mocking one of the most needed and underrated roles in America or are producers searching for ratings while giving no regard to the position of women who are called to nurture and care for the family entrusted in her care? These are just a few thoughts roaming in my head....

To be continued....