What's Your Story?

I don’t know which was better, the actual Super Bowl game or the many interviews prior to the game. Everyone had a story – everyone! Interviews with some of the players, parents of players, coaches, and team owners captured my attention. Everyone had a story! Not one story was covered with only sugary success, but each had its share of trials and triumphs.  

I thought about my own story. Hmmm…what is my story? I don’t have a story to tug at heart strings or bring tears to eyes, but I do have one.  Parts of my story are very embarrassing and may make me appear weak, gullible, or even stupid to some. I’ve made some poor choices, some flesh-filled decisions, and some of my mistakes had to be made over and over before I learned from them.  I would rather keep these parts to myself, but these are the most important parts because they show how God worked through all my mess. What anyone else thinks of my story is not important, but I have an obligation to share it anytime an opportunity presents itself.   

My Monday Meditations are excerpts of my story – short stories, if you will. Each Monday, I disclose a little of myself with you as I learn life lessons that are molding and grooming me into the woman, wife, and mother God created me to be. God continually uses my mess to bless. Someone is waiting to hear or read your story also.  Have you endured a challenging time in your life, or found the courage to make necessary changes in your life? Has your marriage survived a storm? Have you seen prayer work in your child’s life? Your story may not seem important to you, but it is to someone else. Don’t be a closed book that has never been read, be an open book with stories to encourage and uplift others. Everyone has a story! What’s your story? Watch for the opportunities to share your story!