Boring Bible


The title sounds like blaspheme doesn’t it? Well, I use to think the Bible was boring. Every time I picked it up, the thous and shalts bored me to tears and I never knew where to begin reading. I would find every excuse not to read the Bible. Booooring! 

Now, as an older, wiser, married woman with children, I’ve realized how much I need God’s presence in my life.  I dare not start my day without His Word. If you ever want to start reading the Bible and not know where to start, The Psalms are awesome! The Psalms, located right in the center of the Bible, remind me that God is the center of my life. Reading the Psalms has given me a deeper relationship with God. This morning, I read Psalm 27 and it began with, “The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?”  I read a little further, and it read, “Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me.” I continued reading with, “Wait on the Lord; be of good courage; and he shall strengthen thine heart; wait, I say on the Lord.”  Now, what woman doesn’t need these words in her life today? Boring Bible? I don’t think so! 

 How we react to daily situations reveals how much Word we have in our life - our Word level.  As we deal with our toddlers, teenagers, and adult children, God’s Word gives us power! As we help our husbands, God’s Word gives us power! As we interact with co-workers, God’s Word gives us power! As we deal with our Self, God’s Word gives us power!

The next time you look at your Bible, look at it as your power. Open it, read it, and be empowered! Boring it is not!